Blocking for my Default Policy is not working
From Netintelligence Knowledge Base
If the Default Policy has a category set to Block but a user is not being blocked, then there is usually a problem with the settings you have specified. To resolve this, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Check the Default Policy as follows:
- Web Site Categories - check that the particular category is set to Block.
- Times - check that appropriate times have been applied. The start time should always occur before the stop time. Also note that, to set a period of an entire day, you must use a start time of 00:00 and a stop time of 00:00.
- Check any custom policies applied to any affected user groups as follows:
- Groups - check which user groups are specified in the policy, then verify that the user in question is in fact included in one of the groups (using Group Settings).
- Web Site Categories - once you have verified the above, check that the category in question is not set to 'Only Allow', 'Allow' or 'Warn' (these settings will overrule your Default Policy settings).
If you wish the affected user to be blocked for this category, you must make changes to either exclude the user from the affected user group, or to prevent application of this custom policy to this user group.