I'm getting an error when I attempt to remote deploy. What should I do
From Netintelligence Knowledge Base
Common deployment errors are:
- Deployment Failed. Failed to Connect to Machine. Machine Possibly Offline.
- Failed to Connect to Remote Machine. Possible reasons: Machine Offline, No Admin Share or Access Denied.
- Failed to Connect to Remote Registry.
Where remote deployment has failed with one of the above errors, you must check the individual machine involved:
- Check that the machine is online.
- Ping the machine by name from the Deployer machine – deployment works using machine name only, not IP.
- Check that the Client machine's firewall allows the connection, or is switched off during deployment.
- Check that the user account supplied to the Deployer service has the correct privileges to deploy to the Client machine. This user account must be able:
- to access the C$ (admin Share) of the Client machine, and to copy files.
- to access Remote Registry and to create registry keys.
- to access Remote Services and to create services.
- Check that the Remote Registry Service is running on the Client machine.